Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Heavy Equipment Technician performs repairs and preventative maintenance and corrections on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections, hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and emission systems.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical, diesel, and gasoline vehicles including compactor, excavator, wheel loader and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components, hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires and undercarriages.
- Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e. work order times compared to card times).
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage.
- Collects and interprets analysis from oil sampling.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines.
- Perform tasks per Preventative Maintenance checklist (PM’s).
- Keeps records of PM’s checklist, and oil samples.
- Make needed repairs to equipment and/or manage third party vendor.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products and services offered, and position held within the organization.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and core values.
- Performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple repairs
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Minimum of one-year experience inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing yellow iron machinery
- High School Education or GED.
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and is results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.