Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing recyclable materials processing to ensure that safety is at the forefront of all operations, provides opportunity for any improvement in processes for both Casella and the customer.
- Understand and provider leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from the MRF and all related recycling post-collection activities.
- Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
- Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
- Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license. Class A or B preferred.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High School Education required.
- Trade School with a focus of industrial arts is preferred.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial operations or manufacturing.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 6 months – 1 year equipment operation experience.
- Successful working in a team environment.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 30lbs. frequently and 65lbs. several times a day.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
Responsible, team-oriented individual who is committed to safety, demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, committed to customer service and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.