Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
This position will operate the platform scale and weigh all trucks and other vehicles entering the transfer station area. This position will maintain a variety of records such as truck weights, material weight, number of cars and commercial vehicles, collect fees and perform other related duties as required.
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with permitted regulations
- Maintain accurate scale operations and reports
- Compile and maintain accurate records of transfer usage
- Communicate effectively with drivers, customers, and staff
- Assist customers by providing excellent customer service
- DEC tracking and submit quarterly tonnages
- Submit various month end reports to Controller
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency is required
- High School degree with 2 years of college or comparable experience
- Understand truck weight capacity and limitations
- Self-directed person with a positive and professional mind-set
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.