System Support Specialist II
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The System Support Specialist II is responsible for first and second-level support for all enterprise software and hardware platforms. This position provides effective diagnostic evaluation of end-user Customer needs, and in all cases uses good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each technical issue or complaint to the customers’ satisfaction. Resolution includes, but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, timely response to tickets, telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. The ideal candidate must possess strong organization skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, the ability to communicate in a non-technical manner, and a motivation to learn.
- Provide first and second level Help Desk technical hardware/software support to end users
- Research end-user questions using available technical information and knowledge base resources
- Log all help desk phone/email request in the Casella Help Desk application for tracking and prioritization
- Escalate system down reported issues immediately to Support Services Management for appropriate action
- Inform IT Directors of recurring issues/problems
- Image, configure, deploy and maintenance endpoint devices to include but not limited to desktops, laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Monitor and Manage endpoint protection tools (Security, Anti-Virus, Windows Update Support)
- Monitor critical service alerts with escalation to IT Directors and CIO
- Assist to maintain and organize backup/restore schedules for external rotation and storage of backup tapes as needed
- Assist to monitor backups events daily and track the failures in Casella Help Desk with escalation to the IT Directors and CIO
- Assist as needed - Provide evidence of successful backup/restores per policy as requested for IT SOX internal/external audits as needed
- Assist as needed - Generate approved Employee/Consultant Security Requests for New Hires, Name Changes, Transfers and Terminations staying in compliance with IT Sox Controls
- Follow Corporate and IT policies and procedures
- Lead/Assist in IT special projects as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Technical level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems, Microsoft Certification is a plus
- Strong computer literacy skills with emphasis on software/hardware knowledge, operating systems and network connectivity
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, database applications, Internet and internet protocols
- Experience with computer imaging products
- Provide quality service to internal and external customers in all assigned tasks
- Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and teamwork skills
- Proficiency in problem solving, and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be on call rotation
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service mindset
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.