Transfer Station Supervisor
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Transfer Station Supervisor is responsible for supervising the operations activities of the transfer station. This is a working supervisor position which ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the area of facility management, facility compliance, safety and OSHA regulations.
- Monitors transfer stations' work processes, procedures, expenses, and establishes programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing transportation is controlled to comply with safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operation of transfer station, including: sorting, loading and traffic control.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timely completion and implements quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Increasing efficiency in material handling, reducing operational coasts and taking steps to minimize off-site impact.
- Inspect work areas and incoming loads to ensure full compliance with facility and material acceptance standards.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with employees, supervisors, vendors.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies and procedures, and reviews and updates project plan as appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with OSHA/Corporate Standards.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Waste Industry experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills.
- Knowledge of operations and equipment maintenance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Problem solving skills are required.
- Proven commitment to safety
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.