Agricultural Field Intern (3-4 month position)
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $565 million.
Description of Internship:
Casella Organics is seeking an Agricultural Field Intern to assist with seasonal agricultural operations.
Start date: April/May start and continue through the summer. Additional work possible through fall.
Responsibilities include soil testing, site evaluation, assisting customers with spreader deliveries, and introducing new customers to our line of lime, fertilizer and soil amendment products.
- Coursework/experience in agriculture, soils, or related sciences.
- Willingness to work outdoors, and travel throughout central and southern Maine.
- Interested in sustainable/re-generative agriculture.
- Available to work M-F, 40-55 hours per week.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Earth, and internet/email is desirable.
- Applicant must have a clean driving record, and pass a pre-employment physical/drug screen.
Casella is an Equal Opportunity Employer.