Agriculture Territory Representative
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $640 million.
Do you have a passion for the sustainable agriculture, soils, and the environment? Are you interested in working with growers to improve soils with the use of recycled and innovative products? Our company operates composting, renewable energy and product manufacturing facilities throughout the northeast as we provide sustainable, world-class organic recycling services for organic resources.
Casella Organics, an operating unit within Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Agriculture Territory Representative to help serve our customers and continue to build markets for our earthlife brand of wood ash, biosolids, lime, fertilizer, and compost products.
Periodic travel to the Casella Organics Clifton Park, NY office will be required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop diversified and profitable markets for assigned products.
- Meet fiscal objectives for all assigned projects.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and permitting processes.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and cultivate excellent relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers, subcontractors and operations staff.
- Soil sampling, field mapping, and delivery of agricultural spreading equipment.
- Develop proficiency in representing all aspects of Casella Organics products and services.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Knowledge of farm, landscape and horticultural operations and equipment.
- College degree preferred with demonstrated knowledge of agronomy, soils, agriculture, landscaping, and/or horticulture is desired. Certified Crop Advisor preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Exceptional selling, prospecting, and market development skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel and work outdoors.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient.
- Career oriented and open to professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.