Assistant General Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands on, experienced Assistant General Manager to join our facility located in the greater Burlington, VT area.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform ongoing operational analysis to maximize utilization of company resources
- Responsible for municipal contract management
- Oversee driver scheduling for multiple routes and enforcing company safety regulations
- Work with maintenance and customer service to manage containers to ensure maximum and efficient utilization
- Work closely with customer service and sales to achieve service quality and responsiveness to highly demanding customers
- Compliance with all applicable Federal, State and company Environmental and Risk Management Policies and Procedures
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must have valid CDL or be willing to obtain one
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics along with five years of experience is preferred
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.