Assistant Regional Safety Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $640 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Assistant Regional Safety Manager to join our Safety team based out of Vermont or New York state. Duties will include regular work and travel to several states nationwide.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Thoroughly understand and communicate corporate and regional safety policy, OSHA and DOT regulations
- Be a safety resource to local, regional and corporate employees and managers
- Perform internal inspections, audits and report results to management team
- Coordinate and present safety training for all Casella personnel at all levels within Casella
- Participate in new hire safety orientation process
- Investigate and report on all injuries and incidents
- Prepare and file all injury and incident reports, track claims to insure proper handling, and work with an adjuster for proper management and closure
- Maintain regulatory documentation and perform job safety analysis
- Annually develop a personal growth program in conjunction with Regional Safety Manager
- Ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs and safety regulations
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- OSHA, DOT and basic environmental regulations
- Safety Management experience with focus on OSHA general industry is preferred
- Waste industry experience a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug screening is required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Self-directed person able to work independently and as a team
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to develop, implement, train employees in safe workplace practices
- Basic computer and technology skills to include experience with Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude for online research and electronic communication
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally for extended periods of time
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.