Assistant Regional Safety Manager
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Assistant Regional Safety Manager to join our team based out of Massachusetts. Duties will include work in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and New York with occasional overnight travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Thoroughly understand and communicate corporate and regional safety policy, OSHA and DOT regulations
- Be a safety resource to local, regional and corporate employees and managers
- Perform internal inspections, audits and report results to management team
- Coordinate and present safety training for all customers internally at all levels within Casella
- Participate in evaluating an effective new hire safety orientation process
- Review all investigation reports on all injuries and incidents
- Prepare and file all injury and incident reports and track claims to insure proper handling and closure
- Annually develop a personal growth program in conjunction with Regional Safety Manager
- Maintain monthly injury and incident spreadsheets and corporate claims reports and post them in the regional shared file
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity and material quality to increase efficiencies and value is required
- Ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs and safety regulations
- Material handling with recycling industry experience a plus
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred
- OSHA, MA DEP and NH DES Regulations
- Bachelor of Science degree with focus on Occupational Safety/OSHA 500/501/510/511 along with 5+ years of safety management experience is preferred
Qualifications & Skills:
- Self-directed person a must
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to develop, implement, train employees in safe workplace practices
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.