Business Systems Analyst
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search to hire a Business Systems Analyst. As a Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating business systems and end user needs, and formulating systems to parallel the corporations overall business strategies. Candidates for this position must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within applications development and financial reporting, and will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. In addition, this candidate must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. This position reports to the Director of Support Services.
Strategy & Planning
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, business unit mangers and end users to define and document business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flows.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs that are closely aligned with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Works closely with management as a key member of the acquisition team, assisting with IT due diligence, systems integration, data mapping and integration into Casella’s financial and operational systems.
- Assist in the planning, design, use case process flows, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas with systems and / or processes across the organization.
- Work with end users, developers and testers to align development with end-user expectations.
- Work with QA to build unit and system level test plans, schedule production releases, coordinate utilization of QA environments and ensure that appropriate business requirements are satisfactorily tested.
- Prepare and deliver regular project/financial status reports to project Team members and senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of cost-benefit and return on investment analyses, including total cost of ownership, for proposed systems to aid management in making purchasing and implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility, interoperability, and integration of in-house computing systems.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers and power users.
- Assist with the orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Follow all established SOX policies and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Information Systems preferred.
- 1-3 years of business background in applications development and/or financial reporting.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, building and managing project plans, risk management, scheduling, estimating, etc. (PMP certification a plus).
- Understanding of core business processes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written, oral communications, and listening skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SQL and Application Dev. Framework a plus.
- Must be self-motivated to pursue the latest technologies.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with various levels of management.
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills.
- Analytical, detail-oriented with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in the Waste Industry a plus.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.