Cash Application Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Cash Application Specialist to join our Accounting and Finance team located in Rutland, VT. This position presents a growth opportunity with the organization and the right candidate will possess a strong desire to learn and succeed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Process customer payments received from various payment sources and prepare necessary cash reports on a daily basis
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations for all cash receipts to the Accounts Receivable and General Ledger systems
- Research and resolve customer payment issues and process any necessary posting adjustments in a timely manner. Follow up with the customer and or business team member
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business teams across the organization along with Home Office departments
- Maintain cash applications data according to established records retention policy
- Actively participate in the completion of special projects
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred
- 2 + years of accounting work experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is necessary
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective organizational and time management skills along with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.