Cash Applications Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $640 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Cash Applications Specialist. This challenging position located in Rutland, VT provides excellent growth and career advancement opportunities in a supportive work environment. The position reports directly to the Treasury Manager and will have the opportunity to work directly with other departments.
This position presents a growth opportunity with the organization, and this job is considered a stepping stone to higher level roles within the organization for the right candidate. This candidate will possess a strong desire to learn and succeed.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Customer payment processing and reporting - Process customer payments received from various sources and prepare cash reports on a daily basis
- Reconciliation Analysis - Complete daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations for all cash receipts to the actual posting
- Research – Identify and resolve customer payment issues and process posting adjustments. This may involve working closely with other groups within the organization
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2 + years of accounting work experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, abilities and skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Resourceful, self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.