Commercial Service Representative
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
The Commercial Service Representative provides one-stop service and solutions to new and existing customers by determining service requests, resolving service issues, creating solutions, and closing the sale ensuring a first-class transaction.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Engages with customers to assess support needs and provides products and services to fulfill identified customer needs while promoting new or alternative products and services.
- Creates and maintains customer and sales information in CRM and Case Management systems to troubleshoot customer issues, gather customer information, track sales activities, create outreach campaigns, and generate new business opportunities and customer retention activities.
- Generates market interest and sales as the primary point of contact and resolution for all calls and cases routed from the Customer Care Center (CCC) for small commercial dumpster and temporary Roll-Off inquiries ensuring customers receive products and services in a timely manner and are connected with appropriate divisional sales team for in-person follow-up as needed.
- Solicits sales opportunities from customer inquiries generated from the CCC with quick, courteous, and helpful communication strategies to cultivate leads and refer customer to appropriate Territory Sales Representatives (TSR).
- Develops prospective sales pipeline allocating prospects and leads to appropriate TSR to increase monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Manages service agreements, contract dates, and pricing changes and increase strategies for the company at the divisional level within proprietary software systems according to the type of customer account.
- Develop and deploy Welcome packets for new customers and Stay packets for existing customers to enhance business retention.
- Organizes follow-up meetings between customers and appropriate TSR and creates customized client sales content and service models to assist TSRs in making successful in-person connections and closing sales.
- Identifies new sales and retention opportunities with existing customers by creating account queries, analyzing client utilization data, and researching client company information that will create added business value for current customer accounts.
- Develops and implements analytical data reports to track inventory, customer utilization, service fulfillment, overdue service requirements, and billing or rate discrepancies to manage business needs, generate sales opportunities or service improvements, and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- Develops customer satisfaction surveys and other methods of service feedback and analyzes data gathered to interpret new business and retention opportunities for the division.
Skills & Knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrated sales ability and successful track record
- Ability to develop and manage business opportunities
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and related software
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- 1-2 years “Business to Business” or other sales
- Experience or interest in environmental and/or sustainability field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic for CRM or similar software systems.
- High School Education or GED.
- 2-4 years of business experience with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant sales certifications
- Valid driving license.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.