Customer Operations Lead
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
This position provides specialized tracking and onsite support services to our clients. Responsibilities include: monitoring organic material streams generated at the facility, maintaining shipping documents, scheduling material movements (MSW, metals, organics, non-regulated waste, recyclables), conduct customer facing recycling reviews, develop recycling plans for special project and educate/train onsite employees to the program. This position reports to the Casella Operation Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Monitor various collection locations throughout the plant complex
- Maintain record of vendor qualifications, material stream acceptance, and corporate approval
- Enter new opportunities through Strategic Account Services
- Develop communications with Casella Customer Service
- Segregate, sort and load metal streams to maximize rebates
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck- various tasks require the Truck
- Grow and maintain relationships with vendors (end users, end treaters, transportation subs)
- Monitor, assist and assume responsibility for Profit and Loss statement
- Operate within the safety guidelines of the site and of Casella
- Interface with key stakeholders at the various plants regarding program
- Maintain and approve monthly material metrics for the complex (Casella managed materials)
- Communicate continuous improvements and best practices to Territory Manager
- Valid driver license
- High-school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- OSHA Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift) Certification
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer Skills – Microsoft office, Excel, Email
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, box truck, grinder preferred)
- Lock out Tag Out
- CDL License or ability to attain
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year equipment operation
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- Success in both a team and individual environment
- Project Management experience 1-2 years
- GMP training
- Continuous Improvement
- High school graduate of equivalent
- Trade School with a focus of industrial arts
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times / day
- Spend up to 8 hours a day working outside
- Getting on and off equipment
- Valid driver’s license
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.