Customer Operations Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Customer Operations Specialist to join the Nucor Steel facility located in Auburn, NY. The Customer Operations Specialist is responsible for providing onsite support services, operations and program tracking for clients. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): monitoring material streams generated at the facility, maintaining shipping documents, scheduling material movements (MSW, metals, organics, non-regulated waste, recyclables), conduct customer facing recycling reviews, develop recycling plans for special project and educate/train onsite employees to the program. Also responsible for interfacing with the customer and the customer employees on a daily basis. This position will report to the Territory Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
Material and Equipment Operations
- Loading and operating various balers for different materials.
- Keeping the work area safe and clear of any debris.
- Forklift/Tractor Operations
- Retrieve scrap material from assigned collection points (Plastics/cardboard/trash).
- Maintain compliance with all site and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Present opportunities for program improvement
- Reporting materials contamination
- Interface with key stakeholders at the various plants regarding program
- Communicate continuous improvements and best practices to Territory Manager
- Develop communications with Casella Customer Service
Health and Safety
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Maintain compliance with all site and regulatory policies and procedures
- Meet all safety training and PPE requirements as mandated by customer and Casella
- Report any/all incidents or near misses to Territory Manager.
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer Skills – Email
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, tractor and balers)
- Success working independently
- Success as a contributor in a team environment
- 1-3 years industrial operations
- 6 months – 1year equipment operation
- Continuous Improvement
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- High school graduate of equivalent
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times / day
- Getting on and off equipment
- Access to reliable transporation
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.