Customer Operations Supervisor
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Resource Solutions (CRS), seeks a Customer Operations Supervisor to assist in the management and development of recycling, landfill avoidance and MSW programs for Broken Bow, NE. This position is part of a team that will monitor a mature recycling program at multiple plants, educate and train all the employees, monitor the program, provide customer service support, communicate with the overall program manager and also help create and implement a full resource management program.
Daily Site Management
- Oversee plant operations at Broken Bow facility
- Monitor trash/recyclables/metal collection areas
- Check trailer loading for proper technique and space utilization
- Assist in daily operational tasks such as trailer loading, ordering supplies, and requesting work orders
- Manage site service associates, ensuring proper coverage is provided
- If Shift coverage is not available Customer Operations Supervisor will make themselves available to work the shifts.
- Maintain customer expectations with regards to material swap out, empty container returns, and keeping work areas clean and free of debris
- Administer monthly safety training for Casella onsite service
- Ensure all OSHA training documents are kept up-to-date
- Ensure Casella associates are in compliance with all plant safety measures
- Responsible for reporting and effectively communicating any safety incidents as well as safety concerns of Casella
- Establish strong professional relationships at the plants
- Foster positive relationship with production line leads, site supervisors, and plant managers
- Work to develop positive and constructive working relationships with plant associates
- Attend to customer concerns and feedback and provide follow through on daily issues and concerns
- Accumulate feedback on the program’s effectiveness and recommend improvements
- Clearly and regularly communicate with Territory Manager regarding daily site topics, operational items, and areas to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Communicate all topics regarding vendors
- Transportation providers
- Trash and recycling vendors
- Metal vendors
- Temporary Labor Agencies
- Assist freight coordinator in the scheduling of loads with Casella Customer Service
- Identify opportunity for best practices and continuous improvements as part of a quarterly reporting process
- Assist as needed to ensure proper coverage and tasks are complete and to a high-quality standard
- Attend meetings and participate in conference calls as needed, to provide valuable operational input for the program
Additional Weekly Tasks
- Regular weekly visit to ACI plastics recycling vendor
- Provide territory manager with update on material volumes, vendor feedback, and discussion of areas for efficiency improvements
- Inspect for areas of contamination work with Territory Manager to implement training with Casella onsite staff
- Occasional visits to other Nebraska sites
- Provide feedback on loading trailers
- Collect material samples
- Provide support for special projects and clean outs
- Follow up on special topics at the discretion of the Territory Manager
- Attend weekly meetings and conference calls with Territory Manager to provide timely feedback on the program, vendor updates, and all pertinent information regarding operations at the sites.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with entire team to cover any service related issues or opportunities.
- Attend monthly business reviews for East and West to provide feedback on months activities.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to communicate in written word and verbally and in a professional manner
- Ability to train and present materials to groups
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Fork lift driving experience
- Strong operational experience within large industrial plants
- Must have reliable transportation
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.