Director of Operations Support
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
The Director of Operations Support position is responsible for implementing operational efficiency initiatives and programs across the company. This position reports to the SVP of Operations to implement processes and technologies to reduce cost and improve operating margins. This position will be the primary stakeholder for Casella’s route optimization program.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Subject Matter Expert for route optimization software to include training of field power users and assist through data analysis the discovery of routing opportunities.
- Assist Region with operational integration of all hauling company acquisitions including Dispatch and Operations personnel training, routing, RL/FL/ASL conversions.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency through changes in operating equipment and processes.
- Implement operational improvement plans or initiatives and prepare supporting analysis.
- Maintain effective and timely and internal communication with key stakeholders regarding progress.
- Service Management - on-going support for Region and field users for routing/mobile technologies.
- Execute programs to improve safety, DOT compliance and turnover reduction.
- Drive the further development of standard operating practices for all lines of business.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Casella service offerings and related operational processes and equipment to support improvement plan development.
- Stay abreast of equipment developments and industry practices, including route optimization and opportunities for increased automation.
- Minimum 5-8 years operational experience in the waste industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of experience and college studies.
- Travel up to 100% depending on acquisition pipeline.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.