Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an experienced, accomplished Division Controller to join our Recycling team in Stanley, NY. This position will serve as a key business partner with our General Managers and Business Development Manager at the Ontario NY Recycling and Tompkins County NY Recycling facilities. Reports directly to the Regional Controller, who oversees the accounting and financial reporting functions of multiple recycling facilities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Preparation of month end financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Responsible for month-end financial statements, including balance sheet, income statements, and variance analysis in addition to overseeing the daily financial operations of the division and supervision of the office administrative staff
- The Controller works closely with the team to strive for continuous financial and operational improvement
- Reporting on results of operations and maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures
- Interaction with persons in all areas of the business, including marketing, operations, sales, maintenance, safety and administration
- Assist in administering the daily accounting functions at various operating locations
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting and a minimum of 7 years of accounting experienced is required
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Qualifications & Skills:
- Financial and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel within the market area is required
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.