Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an environmental team member with strong communications skills to join our staff in Stanley, New York.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Tracking, analysis, and reporting of environmental data in support of operational and compliance goals
- Field site visits, environmental sampling, nuisance report investigations, and report preparation in support of facility permitting and on-going compliance projects; (expect to spend up to 25% of time in the field)
- Communication lead for the facility - attend public meetings, update website, seek out opportunities and organize public engagement events
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Communications or related program
- Preferred 3-4 years of work experience in solid waste or related industry
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Qualifications & Skills:
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to perform some regional/local travel and attend evening meetings
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer