Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in six northeastern states, with 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Environmental Analyst/Engineer to join our Permits, Compliance, and Engineering (PCE) team in New York, based in or around the Elmira area.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Field site visits, data collection, and report preparation in support of facility Engineering and compliance projects;
- Prepare and maintain local, state and federal permits for applicable facilities;
- Work closely with facility and region management to achieve company and facility goals relating to safety, compliance, financial performance, and sustainability;
- Provide environmental training to facility staff and contractor personnel;
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related program;
- Preferred 1-3 years of work experience in solid waste or related environmental industry;
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
Qualifications & Skills:
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel among company regional offices and facilities throughout the Northeast;
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Problem solving
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.