Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Environmental Manager/Engineer to join our team based out of the Western New York area. Duties will include work in New York and northwestern Pennsylvania, with frequent daily travel and occasional overnight travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain compliance with environmental regulations and programs, including the management and performance of inspection, sampling, reporting, diligence, and investigation efforts;
- Prepare and maintain local, state and Federal permits in support of applicable facilities;
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory personnel and municipal partners;
- Work closely with facility and region management to achieve company and facility goals relating to safety, compliance, financial performance, and sustainability;
- Coordinate projects consisting of design, permitting, bidding, construction, and CQA activities at solid waste management facilities;
- Provide environmental training to facility staff and contractor personnel;
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Professional licensure or ability to obtain licensure is preferred;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related program along with 5+ years of environmental compliance experience;
Qualifications & Skills:
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and schedules;
- Positive, team oriented attitude;
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient;
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.