Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands-on, experienced Facility Manager to join our Grasslands Agricultural Processing Facility in Chateaugay, NY. The Facility is a state of the art biosolids processing facility, equipped with the Schwing Bioset Advanced Alkalization system, that processes 50,000 tons per year of municipal biosolids into a Class A Agricultural and Soil Amendment Product.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee daily operations, facility maintenance, and repairs at the Grasslands biosolids processing plant safely, effectively and efficiently and within compliance with all applicable permits, rules and regulations
- Meet financial goals set for the facility, and actively engage in budgeting and accounting procedures to ensure accurate facility financial expectations are set and met
- Provide exceptional service and communication to all feedstock providers and product customers
- Lead and develop a team of committed, engaged employees at the Facility
- Complete operational tasks and maintain work areas such that the safety of all workers and visitors is protected
- Develop excellent community relations with all stakeholders and be actively engaged in neighbor, customer, community, and municipal government communications
- Actively work with product sales staff to produce a high product quality, develop new products, and other actions to enable product demand
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- 5 plus years direct operations experience
- 4 year BS or BA degree in relevant area or equivalent education and work experience
- Experienced manager and supervisor
- Direct experience with environmental services, waste industry, water & wastewater process, composting, soils and agriculture, beneficial use of residuals, and applicable regulatory framework is preferred
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficient knowledge and competence to operate all facility equipment, including rolling stock such as pay loaders, tractors, and similar equipment
- Firm understanding of pumps, conveyors and other mechanical equipment
- Strong communication skills, written, oral, and electronic
- Basic computer skills including comfort with e-mail and Microsoft office suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated team builder
- Proven work ethic
- Willing to take action to continuously improve
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.