Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands on, experienced General Manager to join our Ontario County Landfill facility located in Stanley, NY.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform ongoing operational analysis to maximize utilization of company resources, operate to maximum efficiencies, and asset utilization
- Oversee all matters related to the landfill operations and oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance
- Participates in regular PNL reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs
- Drive change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the operations of the business unit
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts
- Compliance with all applicable Federal, State and company Environmental and Risk Management Policies and Procedures
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree; High School Diploma or GED and four years of relevant work experience
- Five years in a role with supervisory and PNL responsibility
- Must possess a clean safety record
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong verbal, written and Microsoft Office skills
- Commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.