Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste System, Inc. has an immediate opening at their Scarborough, ME Facility for a General Manager to work in their Material Recovery Facility (MRF). This position will focus on the management of the day to day operations of an industrial processing facility. Qualified candidates will have at a minimum three years of supervisory experience, preferably in a fiber and/or container recycling industry. Candidates should also have knowledge of P&L statements along with a proven ability to manage within budgeted guidelines and set production, safety, maintenance and cost-cutting goals. Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency are required.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
Safe Work Environment
- Monitor Safety environment, physical and cultural, document deficiencies and commit to corrections.
- Investigate accidents and help manage active Workman Compensation claims.
- Maintain or improve YOY TRIR scores
- Manage Housekeeping and ensure facility meets established expectations.
- Establish an internal Quality Control Team or a system of analyzing inbound, outbound and moisture of material mix to provide meaningful feedback to our customers, and maintain appropriate quality standards.
- Ensure customer inbound audits are performed on a regular basis and documented. Follow through with communication to ensure designated customer is notified of results.
- Perform finished product audits (loose) and ensure we are meeting acceptable Mill specifications for each commodity. Results should be documented and shared with Commodity Marketing Team.
- Perform Moisture testing on a daily basis of the News, Mix Paper and OCC grades. Results should be documented and share with the Commodity Marketing Team.
- Establish variable cost
sbudgetary guidelines and set expectations to meet objectives.
- Monitor staffing on a daily basis and ensure designed throughput is met along with uptime expectations.
- Implement preventive maintenance program and ensure program tools are used and PM work is done and on time.
- Analyze every operation and activity, and eliminate inefficiencies and non-productive steps.
- Clearly communicate the team’s vision and the strategy to achieve established goals.
- Behave with a “servant’s mentality” to assist your peer’s “100 problems per day”.
- Mentor employees and nurture relationships to maximize peer’s growth.
- Participate yearly in a self-development program to expand upon self skillset.
- Actively participate and engage within your community. i.e. sponsorship of local teams, YMCA’s, Boy’s/Girl’s club, attend community/neighborhood meetings, etc.
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid understanding of the Recycling Industry
- Knowledge of a safe working environment.
- Strong understanding of planning, processing and manufacturing
- Ability to select and develop a Team
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- A minimum of three years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
- 3-5 experience in an operational environment.
- Specialized training in managing human resources
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Certification of Safety Training
- Certification in techniques for process improvements
- Valid driving license
- Quarterly Travel
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.