Heavy Equipment Mechanic - $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our Hyland Landfill located in Angelica, NY.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform Preventative Maintenance
- Repair brakes and other utilities that are part of a vehicle or other equipment
- Perform tire repairs
- Replace hydraulic components and hoses on any vehicle or stationary equipment
- Operate the grinders and sanders
- Perform accurate Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Perform all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations
- Willing to assist Operations Manager with landfill issues, outside of maintenance
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Proven work commitment record
- Clean Class C Driver’s License
- Minimum of 1 year experience inspecting, trouble-shooting, and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Must have own tools
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to be “on-call” is required
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.