Heavy Equipment Mechanic - $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our facility located in Holyoke, MA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all the equipment, Rolling Stock and Process equipment.
- Maintain and keep in good repair all safety items on the equipment and the facility.
- Repair all parts of the equipment and the Facility.
- Perform tire changes with a mounted tire program on Trailers
- Diagnose, Repair or replace hydraulic components and hoses on any vehicle or stationary equipment
- Operate pneumatic and electric tools such as grinders and sanders, impact tools etc.
- Be able to diagnosis and repair AC electric motors and controls.
- Fabricate, cut and weld on many different pieces of equipment and the process line
- Perform accurate Lockout/Tagout procedures whenever working on any equipment.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations
- Must have the ability to record and track all work performed and maintain up to date equipment records.
- Maintain a right sized inventory
- Maintain an up to date PO Log or system.
- Willing to assist Site Manager with non-equipment issues, outside of maintenance
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Proven work commitment record
- Clean Class C Driver’s License must be maintained.
- Minimum of 1-year experience inspecting, trouble-shooting, and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
- 208v-240v and 480v experience wiring and troubleshooting
- Control wire and low voltage experience
- Welding, torching and fabricating experience
- Conveyor experience and knowledge of different type of belts, rollers, pulleys, lacings, wipers and skirtings
- Shaker and screen experience with drives
- Rigging experience
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must have working knowledge of Off Road Equipment (Yellow Iron)
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Must be familiar with the repair of Process line Conveyers, motor, gearboxes etc.
- Must have own tools
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to be “on-call” is required
- Ability to work with others and independently
- Ability to work Overtime when needed
- Ability to work in the elements
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics
- UFD Installations and programming
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.