Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our North Country Landfill facility located in Bethlehem, NH.
Note: Position /employee will cross train and work with current Mechanic for at least one year. The knowledge and experience of equipment history and job expectation will be a valuable opportunity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform tasks per Preventative Maintenance checklist (PM’s)
- Keep records of PM’s checklist, and oil samples
- Make needed repairs to equipment and/or manage third party vendors
- Communicate with Operation Manager and GM daily
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Proven work commitment record
- 5 years of prior Heavy Equipment experience
- Diesel Maintenance experience
- Valid Drivers License
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills are required
- Applicable knowledge of OSHA
- Compliance regulation
- Lock-out Tag-out procedures
- MSDS knowledge
- Welding procedures
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
- Minimum 40 hours per week
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.