Heavy Equipment Technician
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
Performs preventative maintenance tasks and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment and yellow iron.
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, Final Drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven work commitment record
- 5 years of prior Heavy Equipment experience
- Diesel Maintenance experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- CDL is preferred
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Applicable knowledge of OSHA
- Compliance regulation
- Lock-out Tag-out procedures
- MSDS knowledge
- Welding procedures
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.