Human Resources - Manager of HR Operations
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $640 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Manager of Human Resources Operations to join our team in Rutland, VT.
The Manager of Human Resources Operations supports Casella Waste Systems by identifying business trends and providing recommendations to the HR and the Senior Leadership teams. This person helps develop processes and procedures to drive department and company efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be proficient in HRIS and HR analytics, is able to manage multifunction projects and prioritize business requests and can consistently demonstrate strong project management skills.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Innovation / Systems
- Responsible for the sourcing, implementation and ongoing management of all Human Capital Management Systems including but not limited to Applicant Tracking and Onboarding, Performance Management, Learning Management.
- Along with the VP of Human Resources, maintain relationships and supporting the daily and annual activities associated with Benefit vendors and employee benefit issues.
- In conjunction with the HR Team responsible for the creation and ongoing management of a Human Resources Dashboard on all HR KRAs.
- Development and maintenance of a calendar and the activities associated with all cyclical HR functions such as performance management, benefits enrollment and all other ongoing programs.
- Along with the VP of HR and the HR Team, supporting all Talent Management programs including Branding, Sourcing, Onboarding, Performance Management, Skill and Leadership Development, Career Paths, Succession Planning and Total Rewards.
- Counsels, orientates, and trains managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources processes.
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees.
- Oversees, handles, and manages employee relations issues. Assists with employee counseling, discipline, and grievance handling.
- Supports the systems and day to day activities of recruiting.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
- Ensures compliance with state, local, and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees.
- Administers compensation programs and assists in job analysis, job evaluation, and performance management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Project management, organization and follow through
- Strong interpersonal and active listening
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
- 5-7 years human resources experience
- 3-5 years human resource leadership
- Experience in a process and systems HR environment
- Concentration in HRIS, Compensation and Recruiting
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Masters Degree
- Compensation Certification
- Travel – up to 40%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.