Landfill Gas (LFG) Technician
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an experienced Landfill Gas (LFG) Technician to join our Juniper Ridge Landfill in Old Town, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensures compliance of the site’s LFG collection system
- Assists with LFG infrastructure installations, operation, and maintenance
- Performs required LFG monitoring to ensure proper system operation
- Maintains compliance records to ensure all Federal and State regulations are met
- Assists other gas plant operators with on-call duty during off duty hours, weekends and holidays
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- AS/BS degree is preferred but not required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills
- Capable of using basic hand tools to perform necessary system repairs
- Willingness to work outdoors in both hot/cold weather
- Ability to walk for long periods of time and traverse steep slopes
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.