Landfill Gas Power Plant Operator
Text Casella to 97211
- Reference: JOB23096
- Location: Hampden, ME
- Status: Available
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Landfill Gas Power Plant Operator to work at its facility located in Hampden, ME. The power plant operator is responsible for operating, maintaining, and monitoring the day to day operation of the power generation facility. The operator will report directly to the facility manager.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Monitors the day to day operation of all electrical control systems, automatic transfer switches, generators, engines, the landfill gas scrubbing system and all other associated equipment.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly inspections to ensure the proper operation of the facility.
- Adjust facility equipment and controls to ensure proper system operation.
- Maintains current and accurate records on plant systems. Maintains and updates operational and maintenance logs. Furnishes information for reports.
- Responsible for assisting other plant operators with on-call duty during off duty hours, weekends and holidays. Call duty coverage is required whenever all power plant operators have gone home for the day.
- Performs chemical test on gas scrubbing system slurry to determine process chemical performance and stability.
- Establishes and maintains a safe working environment for all company employees and contractors.
- Demonstrates the proper use of Lockout/Tag out and confined space procedures.
- Responsible for properly maintaining several electrical control systems, automatic transfer switches, generators, engines, the landfill gas scrubbing system and associated equipment.
- Repairs landfill gas engines in the event of a component failure or during preventative, scheduled, or major maintenance events. Repairs may include but are not limited to; cylinder head, piston, intercooler and turbo charger replacement.
- Required to use a variety of shop equipment, power tools, and hand tools to make necessary equipment and engine repairs. These tools and equipment may include but are not limited to; a forklift, overhead crane, valve grinder, hydraulic press, drill press, welder, drill, reciprocating saw, grinder, vacuum cleaner, cement vibrator, needle scaler, metal chop saw, various air tools, torque wrench (up to 275 ft/lb.), sludge hammer, etc…
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong electrical and mechanical ability.
- Competent in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. while handling engine parts.
- Able to stand and work for long periods of time.
- Capable of climbing ladders up to 25 ft.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Minimum of 2 years repairing and servicing electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Associates Degree in an electrical or mechanical field or equivalent experience.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.