Landfill Technician/Scale Attendant
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands-on, Landfill Technician / Scale Attendant to join our team located in Angelica, NY. We will train the right person for the position but preference will be given to those with some experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with permitted regulations
• Work as part of a team and possess the ability to self-direct and work independently
• Maintain leachate pumps & controls
• Complete required daily inspections consistent with company policies & state regulations
• Some heavy equipment operation, loader, off road truck.
• Maintain accurate scale operations and reports
• Communicate effectively with drivers, customers, and staff
• Assist customers by providing excellent customer service
• Reading, writing and math skills generally associated with a high school curriculum
Education, Experience & Certifications:
• Microsoft Office Suite experience is required
• Understand truck weight capacity and limitations
Qualifications & Skills:
• Self-directed person with a positive and professional mind-set
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
• Positive, team oriented attitude
• Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
• Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.