Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for coordinating the collection, transportation and disposal logistics required to meet the service needs of municipal and industrial accounts while supporting the operational requirements of disposal/processing facilities. The person in this role must develop a deep understanding of the network of transportation and processing options used to meet each customer's service needs. The person in this position will also be part of a team that monitors product inventories and supports the product sales force by assuring that product deliveries are fulfilled on-time.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Provide day-to-day dispatch services for a broad range of accounts.
- Respond to routine customer inquiries and solve basic service problems.
- Complete emergency service requests by assembling transportation and disposal logistics to solve customer issues.
- Assure that the essential services guaranteed by contract are accomplished seamlessly.
- Anticipate service needs of multiple accounts to assure we can quickly adapt to changes in service needs.
- Understand the service capabilities and limitations of multiple transportation and material processing vendors and utilize this network of service providers to support the highest level of service to customer accounts.
- Recognize and solve transportation problems before they impact customer service.
- Monitor and enforce safety and compliance of all vendors to assure the highest integrity of our operations.
- Understand basic financial terms of subcontractor agreements and the cost impact of chosen service solutions on each account. Work to control third party costs while not sacrificing service.
Disposal/Processing Facility Coordination
- Prepare daily delivery schedules into each facility and track performance against defined metrics.
- Work with facilities to meet target volumes on an hourly basis to facilitate efficient operations.
- Compile load data from disposal/processing facilities and complete timely review against defined metrics.
- Evaluate service options and make changes to delivery schedules to get back to plan if variances occur.
- Engage and build trust with a network of facilities that support the day-to-day service requirements of a broad customer base with diverse needs.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to manage/maintain complex customer relations and service requirements
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms
- History of succeeding in collaborative environments
- Minimum 3-5 years administrative management
- Operations experience
- Experience managing contracts and subcontractors
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant dispatch experience
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Experience with logistics software
- Occasional travel required
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.