Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands on, experienced Operations Assistant to join our facility located in Montpelier, VT.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the area of facility management and compliance
- Coordinating and cross training drivers to cover routes during vacations and absences
- Identifying opportunities for route efficiencies and working with sales and drivers to implement
- Work closely with customer service and sales to achieve service quality and responsiveness to highly demanding customers
- Supervise, train and coach driver’s on pre and post trip inspections, on-route observations, and the training/re-training of existing drivers and new hires
- Manage and secure all personnel and division files
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.