Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Operations Associate to join the GlobalFoundries facility located in Essex Junction, VT. The Customer Operations Associate is responsible for overseeing the daily operations within the facility. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): breakdown and processing of commodities (plastics, plastic film and cardboard) to maximize the value. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Processing of production scrap, sorting, baling cardboard and plastic film
- Maintain scheduled material pickups at multiple customer locations
- Operate powered industrial equipment in use such as forklifts, and balers.
- Loading of finished product onto trailers and ensure safe loading procedures are followed
- Proactively address issues and solve problems as they arise
- Internally communicate program updates
- Maintain and continuously promote environmental, equipment safety OSHA safety compliance
- Ensure proper packaging of waste and recycling into containers most appropriate for the material and which comply with applicable transport regulations and disposal/recycling site acceptance parameters
- Attend regular safety and operational meetings
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Ability to operate Forklift, Baler, Compactor, Grinder equipment upon completion of training
Qualifications & Skills:
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Communication and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to work varied hours and extended hours (if needed)
- Be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Satisfactory results from mandatory background check and drug screening
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
Skills & Knowledge
- Computer Skills – Email
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, box truck, grinder preferred)
- 1-2 years manufacturing
- Minimum 6 months – 1year equipment operation
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- Success in a team environment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Trade School with a focus of industrial arts
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times a day
- Standing for up to 8 hours a day
- Getting on and off equipment
- Valid driver’s license
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.