Operations Associate Level 1
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Operations Associate Level 1 responsibilities include (but are not limited to) processing of materials, material data entry and forklift operations. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Processing of production scrap, sorting, baling cardboard and plastic film
- Operate powered industrial equipment in use such as forklifts, balers & grinders
- Loading of finished product onto trailers and ensure safe loading procedures are followed
- Ability to create and manage all shipping paperwork (Bill-of-Lading, Packing List, Trailer Checklist, Waste Manifests, etc.)
- Proactively address issues and solve problems as they arise
- Maintain and continuously promote environmental, equipment safety OSHA safety compliance
- Ensure proper packaging of waste and recycling into containers most appropriate for the material and which comply with applicable transport regulations and disposal/recycling site acceptance parameters
- Ability to operate Forklift, Baler, Compactor
- Attend regular safety and operational meetings
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to operate Forklift, Baler, Compactor, Grinder equipment upon completion of training
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- Trade school with a focus on industrial arts is preferred
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience is required
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year equipment operation is required
- Experience with Lock Out Tag Out process
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work varied hours and extended hours (if needed)
- Satisfactory results from mandatory background check and drug screening
- Experience in a mature safety culture
- Success in a team environment
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times a day
- Standing for up to 8 hours a day
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.