Operations Intern (3-6 Months)
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an Operations Intern (3-6 months) to join our facility located in Holyoke, MA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the area of facility management and compliance
- Identify safety hazards associated with the route and recommend changes
- Identify opportunities for route efficiencies
- Recommend container repairs or replacements, as necessary
- Prepare detailed reports of route audit findings; review all audit data and recommend improvements with General Manager and department managers
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
Qualifications & Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and applications
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.