Operations Manager Trainee
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
The Operations Management training program is designed to develop individuals into frontline manager roles. As an Operations Manager Trainee, you will learn the responsibilities and functions performed by an Operations Manager through on-the-job training. This training program, which lasts up to 12 months, will prepare you to effectively handle the day-to-day operations at a Casella hauling division. Successful completion of this program will result in a management position in operations at a division within our northeast business footprint.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for learning DOT & OSHA safety programs and systems; operational business processes, systems & tools, performance management; dispatch & routing; fleet maintenance processes
- Learn how to maximize productivity and route management systems for commercial, roll-off and residential routes and understand how to establish productivity goals where needed
- Collaborate with all frontline managers to learn the day-to-day business operations (i.e. Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, Sales Manager, Division Controller, General Manager)
- Learn how to screen, interview and conduct reference and background checks on candidates
- Work with local safety teams to continue to create a safety conscious culture
- Complete the assigned Operations Management training program topics and all other assigned trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned; may include special projects
- This position may have periodic leadership/management responsibilities throughout the program
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Valid CDL or willing to obtain one
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record throughout the duration of employment in this position
- Willingness to travel throughout the footprint during the program
- Must be willing to relocate within an assigned geographic area at the conclusion of the program
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.