Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $725 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an experienced Operations Supervisor to join our facility located in Scarborough, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead and mentor all drivers to provide the highest quality of customer service
- Perform all onboarding with all new hired drivers with the intent of introduction to Casella core values
- Auditing services, routes, and road conditions, and provide recommendations to dispatch as needed
- Help coordinate services and repairs with shop management
- Monitors and coach driver’s performance and behaviors, while recommending training, or retraining as needed in order to ensure compliance with all company and safety policies.
- Investigates all accidents, customer and driver disputes and complaints, and ensuring all applicable documentation are completed based on policies and procedures
- Verifies and reviews driver route sheets and schedule for efficiency
- Responsible for route maintenance with current, new and lost stops
- Ability to enter and review driver productivity
- Oversees and manages the check in process while being able to cover all aspects of dispatch
- Ability to oversee and review driver daily logs for accuracy
- Supervise, train and coach drivers on pre and post trip inspections and reviews DVIR’s daily for accuracy and completeness
- Willingness to cover routes when needed
- Identifying opportunities for route efficiencies and working with sales and drivers to implement
- Obtain, coordinate and document monthly safety meetings
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Must have valid CDL and or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Requirements and possess a clean safety record
- OSHA 10 or 30 card
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent experience
Qualifications & Skills:
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
- Problem-solving skills are required
- No at fault incidents within the last year (will be assessed on a case by case basis)
- Must be fully trained on all lines of business within the first year of employment
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
- Continuous improvement mindset
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.