Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with 2,400 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an accomplished and experienced Payroll Coordinator to join our Payroll and Benefits Administration team located in Rutland, VT.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare and accurately process payroll for multi-state weekly and semi-monthly payroll periods.
- Oversee and assist in updating and maintaining employee data associated with events such as new hires, compensation changes, terminations, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll administration and wage garnishment laws, regulations, and payroll best practices.
- Provide support to employees across the organization. Analyze and resolve payroll issues in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain system reports and reference guides.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business teams across the organization along with Home Office departments.
- Actively participate in coordination and completion of special projects assigned including the support of Benefits Administration and Human Resources.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant field.
- Prior payroll administration experience is required. Experience in a service oriented, fast paced environment is also necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications is necessary and experience with ADP’s Workforce Now payroll application is desired.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills along with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Confidentiality as it relates to all personnel matters.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.