Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in six northeastern states, with 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $670 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an accomplished and experienced Payroll Representative to join our Payroll and Benefits Administration team located in Rutland, VT.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Process and maintain employee data associated with events such as new hires, compensation changes, terminations, etc.
- Oversee processing and verification of timekeeping information for non-exempt employees.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll administration and wage garnishment laws, regulations, and payroll best practices.
- Provide support to employees across the organization. Assist in the analysis and resolution of payroll issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain payroll data according to the established records retention policy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business teams across the organization along with Home Office departments.
- Actively participate in coordination and completion of special projects assigned including the support of Benefits Administration and Human Resources.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant field is preferred.
- Prior payroll administration experience is preferred along with experience in a service oriented, fast paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications is necessary and experience with ADP’s Workforce Now payroll application is desired.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills along with clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Confidentiality as it relates to all personnel matters.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.