Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with approximately 2,500 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $725 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an accomplished and experienced Purchasing Manager to join our Finance and Accounting team located in Rutland, VT. This is a newly created position that will play a critical project management role in a procure to pay transformation initiative leading internal and external resources and involving vendor sourcing, category management, process redesign and reliance on technology to drive monetary savings and streamline the way that we do business with our vendors.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions
- Responsible for partnering with reliable vendors and suppliers, managing relationships and negotiating at a senior and strategic level at contract terms to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, leveraging spends and technological capabilities to optimize efficiencies
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the overall purchasing strategy and underlying policies
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 6+ years’ experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- NetSuite software experience preferred
- Proven contract management and supplier experience required
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Waste industry experience is strongly desired
- APICS or comparable professional certification
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to effectively engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ambition and ability to apply technology to drive to more desirable business outcomes
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.