Recycling Operations Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the recycling and other post-collections activities in the Recycling facility. This position works with his or her General Manager and other managers in the business unit to execute a local strategy for the marketing of commodities locally or nationally that complements the overall strategic operating and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement.
- Provide leadership for the recycling and other post-collections operations of a Materials Recycling Facility by providing management oversight to all operations staff
- Manage staff, including hiring, training, coaching, performance management, develop supervisory goals and objectives; and effective resolution of safety issues and claims
- Implement and execute plans to compliment the business unit’s strategic and operating plan; lead the execution of tactical initiatives within the business unit to maximize the customer experience, growth and durability, while optimizing profitability
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism in the areas of Safety, Quality and Production
- Communicate daily needs from each department and project upcoming needs based on material inbound and outbound tonnages
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity and material quality to increase efficiencies and value is required
- DEC, OSHA Storm Water Permit and Spill Prevention Plan – manage all systems and procedures to achieve continuous compliance with regulators
- Ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs and safety regulations
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Equipment Operator experience
- OSHA, DEP and DEC Regulations
- Self-directed person
- Strong commitment to workplace safety
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required
- Proven commitment to safety
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.