Regional Human Resources Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
The Regional Human Resources Manager represents Casella Waste Systems employment brand in all field operations. This person’s primary focus is the sourcing, selection and training of all operations employees for multiple locations in a region.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Generate awareness of the Casella employment brand in all possible recruitment sources including trade schools, secondary, post-secondary schools, and military sources.
- Working with the corporate recruiter and local management team to perform the primary qualifying of candidates to deliver skilled or apprentice level applicants to operations and field management.
- Challenge local management to support diversity and inclusion and coaching them on how to be a leader focused on developing talent.
- Along with the VP of HR and the HR Team, supporting all Talent Management programs including Branding, Sourcing, Onboarding, Performance Management, Skill and Leadership Development, Career Paths, Succession Planning and Total Rewards.
- In conjunction with local management and local trainers establish a centralized approach to onboarding and training to deliver ready employees to operations.
- Work with contractors and government agencies to maximize available funding and resources in the development of skills and career paths.
- Tracks training to validate effectiveness and maximize available training funding.
- Counsels, orientates, and trains managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources processes.
- Administers Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees.
- Oversees, handles, and manages employee relations issues. Assists with employee counseling, discipline, and grievance handling.
- Supports the systems and day to day activities of all recruiting.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services.
- Ensures compliance with state, local, and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees.
- Administers compensation programs and assists in job analysis, job evaluation, and performance management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Project management, organization and follow through
- Strong interpersonal and active listening
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
- 5-7 years human resources experience
- 3-5 years human resource leadership
- Demonstrated experience in effective sourcing
- Concentration in training or recruiting
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Masters Degree
- HR Certifications
- Travel – up to 60%
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status