Roll Off Driver - $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $660 million.
The Northeast is one of the most challenging regions in the country to do what we do. We build, develop and endorse hard work and a “get-er-done” attitude. Because in the Northeast, whether we’re battling the high heat or double-digits below zero temperatures, servicing customers in severe snow storms or working our way through the rain and mud, we don’t stop until we get the job done. Casella drivers are tough, work hard and are our front-line of customer service and extremely valued assets to the organization. Casella has invested heavily in ensuring our people get home to their families every night; it’s no wonder we have the best safety record in the waste industry. Join the safest team in the nation and help Casella continue to provide best-in-class service to customers across the Northeast.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Complete understanding and adherence to Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards.
- Operates vehicle and performs all tasks in accordance with Casella Safety Rules and Operating Standards, OSHA, and DOT as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
- Works closely with Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch.
- Completely empties all receptacles and leaves the customer’s property clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Dispatch.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Holds a current Class A or B CDL with an air-brake endorsement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable motor coordination; arm, hand, legs.
- Able to exert physical effort in handling (pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.) objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Proven commitment to safety.
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Disciplined and committed to hard work and variable weather environments.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer