Sales Account Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Sales Account Specialist provides back office sales administration in support of overall account objectives for the Industrial Solutions team that enable the achievement of short and long-term growth strategies with greater efficiency and flawless execution.
Key Accountabilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Acts as a liaison between Strategic Account Managers and Strategic Account Services teams along with other internal company teams to effectively communicate and exchange customer information between stakeholders.
- Completes customer account set up activities including finalizing forms, administering service and/or price changes, issuing price letters and other back office sales administration activities.
- Organizes and finalizes Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, presentations and associated materials on behalf of Strategic Account Managers, ensuring information is complete and accessible.
- Retrieves all requisite customer information and manages the CRM database to ensure Strategic Account Managers, Strategic Account Services, and others can access all pertinent sales data, activities, and reports by customer.
- Develops and maintains the contract database in SharePoint ensuring agreements are fully executed and consistently maintained, providing support for other certificates and documents as needed.
- Partners with Strategic Account Managers to provide account servicing, pricing and profitability insights and schedules customer appointments as needed to support service requirements.
- Administers customer satisfaction surveys and develops survey results reports for department use.
- Collaborates with Business Development Managers and Strategic Account Managers in developing prospecting opportunities in specific geographies and develops sales correspondence for customers to generate interest, future opportunities, and meetings.
- Coordinates content development for newsletter and social media platforms; execute marketing strategy to promote new business, organizes sponsorships, conferences, and other event activities to promote our brand and create business opportunities.
- Works with Business Development Managers and Strategic Account Managers to prepare content and qualifications packages for new business opportunities and organizes all ancillary information in SharePoint to provide easy access and eliminate redundancy.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company and its products and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent verbal, digital, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient use of the full MS Office 365 Suite and other related platforms
- Understanding of social media communication strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a collaborative environment
- Direct sales coordination experience
- Experience or interest in the environmental and sustainability field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Formal training or coursework in writing, marketing, or communications
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel as needed
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.