Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search to hire a Software Developer. Under the supervision of the Director of Support Services, the Software Developer designs, modifies, develops, and implements software applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies and share ideas and best practice with other team members to improve skills.
- Provide 3rd line support for web applications, services and integration components, including analysis, tracking and resolution.
- Ensure all development goes through appropriate approval and test processes and has a comprehensive release plan for promotion into live and hand-over to operational support.
- Work independently or as part of a team as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Share and document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
- Integrate software components with third-party applications.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience and a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle including design, testing, deployment, documentation and support activities.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies as the need arises.
- Experience developing software for cloud platforms.
- Functional knowledge or experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Ability to design, code, and document new desktop and web applications.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- A good understanding of OO analysis and OO design.
- An understanding of concurrency and parallel programming.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Functional Programming in F# is a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently, or as a member of a project team.
- Attention to detail.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.