Special Waste Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $599 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for an experienced, accomplished Special Waste Manager to join our team in Rutland, VT.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for promoting Casella’s Special Waste Management Program through customer and facility interface
- Support waste acceptance and environmental compliance at Casella’s solid waste management facilities
- Responsible for customer calls and reviewing analytics for special and industrial waste approval into Casella facilities
- Expertise and regulatory assistance to our sales and operations teams
- Assist with industrial waste training companywide
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline
- Five to ten years relative experience in the Environmental, Solid Waste, Hazardous Waste or Laboratory Testing field
- Relevant experience with the waste industry and solid and hazardous regulations in New England States and knowledge of landfills is required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office with particular expertise in Excel is required
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.