Text Casella to 97211
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with roughly 2,300 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $640 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a Staff Accountant to join our Landfill team in Stanley, NY.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for assisting in all daily functions of the accounting department
- Account reconciliations monthly, quarterly and annually
- Ensure compliance with OMLA
- Accounts Payable
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Assisting in monthly, quarterly and annual report closing
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Accounting degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- Accounting software experience
- Highly proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.